How to Charge AirPods Without Case[Complete Guide]
Apple AirPods is a very premium product and they also work with some technical specifications which are only compatible with their own products one of them is to charge the AirPods which can only be done through their own Apple AirPods case. We have got many queries on ”how to charge AirPods without case” which we will cover in this article.
If you have lost your AirPods case, sorry! for you. People who lose their AirPods case consider going for some alternative or cheap options which do not give any results rather they harm their AirPods.
Queries Which You must Clear
- Is there really any chance or any method to charge your AirPods in case, you lose your AirPods case?
- Is it even possible to charge again my AirPods without case?
- Should you use any recommended methods popular on the internet to charge your AirPods?
- Does using alternative approaches harm AirPods?
Alert! In short! You cannot charge your AirPods without case. You will get the stance right after reading the whole article.
We have implemented so-called techniques to help charge our AirPods. But, none of them worked for us, and rather some of them have harmed our Airpods due to the mismatched voltage, AirPods found a misconfiguration in their circuit board which resulted in malfunction and short circuit.
Can you charge AirPods without the case?
We try to explore some famous myths which claim to charge AirPods without case.
|Reading Recommendation: Power1 iPhone battery|
Charging AirPods with a narrow pin charger
When you try to get solutions from youtube video hacks, you may encounter this trick but you may check their reviews. I am sure that almost every person has given them a bad review because they tried it and either it did not work or it harmed their AirPods.
This method allows you to put the chagrin pin of the old phone’s narrow pin charger i-e; Nokia Phone’s charger. As it may seem to be some similarity in physical port and pin between the chagrin pin and the AirPods case port. But, AirPods cannot afford this much voltage provided by the charger, and instead of getting any result from this alternative approach, they may harm their AirPods.
Using any Third-party Apps
Well! We have also used many mobile apps which claim to charge your AirPods when you have no case.
But, all these are so fake and they claim themselves to be so true but it does nothing except waste your time and retain you to their apps for a long time, and redirect you to some obscure websites which may hang your phones or give the virus to the mobile software.
- Don’t ever try to use any kind of third-party app.
How to Charge AirPods without Case?
The only way to charge your AirPods is to charge them with their case. So, you have to buy them from their official platform “Apple Store.”
You must know the following two things in order to purchase a replacement case for your AirPods:
- AirPods Model
- AirPods Case Serial Number
You can find the AirPods model on your packaging box as well. In order to have the serial number of the AirPods case, You need to go to the official app and from there, you can find the “My Devices” page where you will get the serial number of the lost AirPods case.
You need to give the details to the official support of Apple and they will ship you the right AirPods case according to your serial number at your home.
|How much does a replacement AirPods case cost?|
Apple AirPods cost you almost $70 for the 1st and 2nd-generation AirPods.
If you have the AirPods Pro, You have to pay $100 for it and you can purchase it from Apple Store.
Initially, 1st generation AirPods were not able to charge wirelessly. But, now Apple supports wireless charging for 1st generation AirPods as well.
Can Apple give me a New Charging Case?
If you have AppleCare+, you may ask them to give you the new charging case replacement. It is only allowed if your AirPods case has been damaged or somehow water-impaired.
They only require a $29 fee and they will give you the new charging case.
If your AirPods case has been lost, you have no right to claim the AirPods case as it is only righted to damaged AirPods.
Should You Charge Your AirPods With A Knockoff Case?
You can also get the AirPods case from the manufacturer’s official replacement to charge your AirPods.
They are not real and there may be some misconfiguration in matching the voltage passed through. They have worked out for some people who have tried them but We do not recommend you to go for it.
If you are looking for a cheaper option and you are ready to take the risk as it may or may not work, you may go for it and try your luck.
AirPods Case by Other Brands
There is some hope for the people who have lost their AirPods cases and they don’t want to buy new ones from Apple.
You may go for different brands of AirPods cases and you may check out their compatibility with your AirPods.
It seemed to work for many people. But, obviously, it cannot give you all the functionalities that genuine AirPods cases give to the AirPods.
It may not be working long-lasting and is not more reliable to protect your AirPods and give them a long working life.
You can charge these alternative AirPods cases using:
- A Qi-certified charging mat
- A lightning cable
Alternative charging cases with a Qi-certified charging mat
If you are using an alternative charging case of a different brand, you can charge the case by using a Qi-certified charging mat.
Just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Place the case on the mat properly.
- You may see a light on it guiding you about the status of the charging and if it is not blinking, you may need to place the case’s position on the charging mat.
Alternative charging cases with a lightning cable
- You need to have a USB-C to Lightning cable
- Plug it into your case’s connector.
- Plug the other end with a charger.
How to Set Up Your AirPods Charging Case Replacement
Whenever you change you change your AirPods case, It has the pre-set functional settings saved which you need to remove or reset in order to charge your AirPods.
If you get any AirPods case replacement, you have to reset your Airpods case.
Follow the steps mentioned below
- GO to setting on your iOS mobile
- Go to Bluetooth
- You can see the information button next to your AirPods.
- Forget it.
- Keep the AirPods in the charging case.
- Open the lid of the charging case.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case.
- Release it when it flashes white.
- Hold the case next to your device with the lid open and the AirPods in it.
- Now, you can connect from your device.
What Different Lights on Case Indicate?
If your AirPods are in the case when the lid of the case is open, then the light shows the charging status of AirPods.
When the AirPods are not in the case, the light on the case shows the charging status of the AirPods Case.
While using a Qi-certified charging mat with your charging case, a status light shows for 8 seconds.
- White light shows the readiness of AirPods to pair with your device.
- Amber light indicates to set up AirPods again.
Battery Life of AirPods
You get the relevant notification related to your AirPods battery on your iOS devices.
You can also hear a tone on the AirPods when the charging is low.
AirPods 2nd Generation Battery Timings
- In a single charge, You get 5 hours of listening time or 3 hours of talk time.
- If you charge it for 15 minutes, you get 3 hours of listening time or 2 hours of talk time.
AirPods 3rd Generation Battery Timings
- In a single charge, 6 hours of listening time or 4 hours of talk time.
- If you charge it for 5 minutes, you get 1 hour of listening or talk time.
AirPods Pro Battery Timings
- In a single charge, 4.5 hours of listening time or 3.5 hours of talk time.
- If you charge it for 5 minutes, you get 1 hour of listening or talk time.
|Suggested Article: Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC|
Do Airpods Come Charged?
When you purchase the new AirPods, you get AirPods and their charging case fully charged and you can immediately use your AirPods after unboxing.
How to Turn Off Airpods Case?
Unfortunately, there is no option on AirPods or AirPods case to turn them off while not in use.
When they are in the charging case, they are getting charged, when they come out of their case, they are ready to use and always look for a connection to pair with.
There is no moment when they are free which drops their charging as well when even not in use.
How to Connect Airpods Without Case?
You can connect your Airpods without the case.
If you have once connected them with your case, you can then use them without AirPods Case.
|Read to know: How to connect to your AirPods for the first time|
- Go to “Control Center” on your iPhone
- Press and hold the “Audio Card”
- Push on the AirPlay icon when you see the full Audio Card.
- Now, you can select your AirPods.
Why Isn’t My AirPods Case Charging?
You must check the following factors in order to make sure what exactly is the issue.
We have mentioned two cases for charging the AirPods above and if you are using any of the two methods, you need to ensure that you haven’t made mistake there.
- If you are using a charging mat, make sure that you have correctly placed the AirPods on the mat and you can also change the placing to reset the position.
- If you are charging your AirPods using a lightning cable, make sure that pin is correctly put in the charging case and your AirPods are accurately plugged in by the cable.
- Clean your AirPods’ charging case’s port
- Take a toothpick and rub it in your charging port.
- Remove all the dirt
- Now, you can check again by connecting the cable with the charging port.