How To Connect Airpods To PS4
Having your own PlayStation is one of the fairest wishes of any gamer. But they are not even cheap and the console does not even support Bluetooth connectivity so it is a bit ok if you do not own them. This article talks about “How To Connect Airpods To PS4.”
In many situations, wireless headphones work better but when it comes to gaming, no one would mess with headphones wired cluster and prefer to have earbuds or AirPods.
Apple AirPods bring us premium quality and comfort. Unfortunately, Airpods may face trouble in connecting with PS4. That’s because the PS Remote Play has a couple of missing features, one of them being the ability to connect any Bluetooth headphones. But don’t lose hope just yet! In the latter guide, You will explore, How To Connect Airpods To PS4
Can you connect AirPods to ps4?
Yes! You can connect your PS4 console to AirPods but you have to use some AirPods adapter like Twelve South AirFly Duo or Avantree Leaf Long Range USB Audio. There is also some cheap accessory that can resolve this issue which is a wireless Bluetooth dongle for PS4.
|Must Read: How to Fix AirPods Battery Drain Not in USe|
So why didn’t Sony just add full Bluetooth functionality right out of the box?
Sony’s official statement notes that the Bluetooth profiles that run on the PS Remote Play systems are different from the ones used in most Bluetooth devices.
However, signal interference and latency problems can also be some of the many reasons why Sony won’t put Bluetooth audio on their consoles.
How to connect AirPods to ps4 by using Bluetooth Adapter?
The most common solution for wireless connectivity in PS4 is to use a Bluetooth Adapter. If you don’t mind spending a little more to gain wireless connectivity, then it will all be well worth it. A few basic steps will guide you to adjust the setting and connect the Bluetooth.
- First, connect the Bluetooth adapter to one of the free USB ports on your PS console and It will now enter the pairing mode.
- Put the AirPods in the charging case and enable pairing mode, press the setup button until it turns white light.
- Plug the microphone into the controller’s USB port.
How to connect AirPods to ps4 by using the Remote Play App?
Remote Play is the official Sony app for its PS consoles. It enables gamers to stream PS4 games to their smartphones.
- Install the Remote Play app from Apple Store or Google Play
- Enable the Remote Play option in your PS console setting.
- Open the remote play app and connect it to PS4.
How to connect Wireless Bluetooth Dongle with PS4?
- Plug the dongle into your PS4 USB port
- It will flash blue, indicating pairing mode is available.
- Press and then hold the pairing button at the charging case’s backside.
- A solid blue light will turn on indicating the pairing with PS4.
- Insert the Microphone adapter into the PS4 controller and the connection will be done.
- Now, you experience the listening relish through your Apple AirPods while you game.
Things to do if You Can’t Hear Anything From Your AirPods?
While connecting any third-party adapters with PS4, We may face some issues like no audio. Because Sony has not acknowledged anything like an adapter to use with PS Consoles. Here is a short guide to troubleshooting any audio issue.
If the audio is coming out even with Bluetooth adapters, check the console input and output volume settings.
- Open the console’s Settings, Devices, Audio Devices, and select Microphone Level and adjust it.
- Again go to Audio Devices and select volume control and adjust it.
- Go to Audio devices and select output. Select all audio.
Quick tip: The steps outlined in this section can be used to connect your Bluetooth headphones of choice to PS4, not just AirPods.
Limitation of connecting Aipods to PS4 with Bluetooth Adapters
We cannot chat with other gamers even though AirPods have microphones. Because most of the Bluetooth adapters only send audio from your PS4 to AirPods but not the other way around. You’ll need headphones specifically made for the PS4 for this purpose.
About This Article
Hi, This is Azam and founder of Headphonebeast.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.
Email: [email protected]