How to Fix Bluetooth Headphone Charging Issues
If you have Bluetooth headphones and you are unable to charge them, You need to try some fixes which will definitely work out for you and just throw away your thought to waste your headphones. Because this article is going to fix your Bluetooth headphone charging issues. We have faced this problem many times and we also have seen people having concerns over this issue.
Imagine that you come home after a hectic day at work and you listen to music because it relieves your frustration. But, you are unable to turn them on and they are not even charging. This may be more frustrated when you have purchased expensive headphones and you are facing charging issues with them.
–>There are some fixes that you can try before going for some expensive alternatives.
To fix your headphones must check for the following options:
- Your headphones are on charging and the power source is on.
- Check the charging USB cable, it may be defective or it is not connected properly from both ends.
Possible Causes Why My Bluetooth Headset Not Being Charged?
i) Faulty Charging Cables
The charging cable may be defective which is the main cause behind headphones not charging well. They may get old or break or spark which is why they are not functioning properly.
Charging cables are a delicate part that may get obsolete with continued usage and they may get broken by constant pulling them. So, you need to keep them in a safe place where they are in their actual position.
ii) Faulty Charging Ports
Our charging ports or the sockets may get sparked which causes the headphones not to be charged. Sometimes, we may think that the problem is with charging the USB cable but somehow we are unable to detect the main issue. charging ports may become defective due to corrosion, or faulty plugs. These issues can prevent the charging cables from connecting with your charging port.
iii) Faulty Battery
This issue is usually by the manufacturers and appears in the new headphones only. You can expect this issue as there may be some defective battery problem that is creating charging issues.
Headphone batteries in wireless headphones have a lifespan of 2-4 years and after that period, they start getting obsolete. If your headphones are not charging, you need to think about the battery time period. If the battery has completed its actual life then you need to take a new battery which is the only solution.
But, this all depends on your usage of headphones. If you are a weekly user, you might need to think about whether the battery is faulty.
Related: Nintendo Switch not charging? Here’s how to fix that
10 Tips On How To Fix My Bluetooth Headphone Not Charging Issue
There are many solutions relevant to specific issues. Here are a few tips which you can follow in order to resolve the problem.
1. Clean Your Headphones’ charging port
Due to the excessive usage of charging, they are exposed to dust particles and debris which may block the port and causes no connection.
You can clean the charging port with a cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- Just put your cloth in a rubbing cloth, it will be a bit wet.
- Clean the outer part of the port and then a little bit inside the charging port.
- Don’t try to push hard to avoid the breakage of any electrical connections.
- Check with a flashlight to see if there is anything blocking the port.
- You can use compressed air to wipe out dirt.
2. Make sure the USB cable is correctly inserted
Sometimes, the USB cable is not defective but it is a little bit lose which is not causing the connection. Push it a little bit further to make sure the connection happens.
Don’t try to push that much further and don’t apply many forces on the port which may destroy the port. You can use some light to check how much it can go further and if is there any room to get more length.
3. Charge directly to a power outlet and not a USB hub
Sometimes, USB hubs are unable to provide sufficient power. This is because of faulty USB hubs which can’t adjust the power and do not reach the headphones.
You can try plugging the headphones’ charger with a power outlet without the involvement of a USB hub and check again whether your headphones are charging.
4. Try Different USB Charging Cable
You can try swabbing between the charging cable. Charging cables are delicate and easily melt due to the extra power being provided by the electrical outlet and can break from different spots which makes them useless. Mostly, the damage is internal and they are broken from the inside which we are unable to detect.
But, You can try some other charging cable with your headphones which may work for you.
5. Keep the Bluetooth headphone connected to the charging source
If you have not used your headphones for a long time and that’s why you would have no need to charge them. But, this can cause your headphones not to show any indicator of charging which you can exhibit after keeping your headphones on charge for a long time. Hopefully, this may resolve your issue. Even if the battery is not charged fully but it must have provided some power that headphones must use and function.
6. Charge your Bluetooth headphones in ideal temperatures
Extreme temperatures really create hurdles in the proper functioning of electrical devices and devices which have batteries in them are not made specifically for extreme temperatures.
The temperature acceptable for the batteries is anywhere between 5 °C – 35 °C.
7. Check Computer Status
If you are charging your headphones via your laptop or computer power, must check that laptop has enough battery or the computer is plugged in. If there is not enough power in the laptop, your headphones won’t get charged.
8. Bluetooth Headphones Might Be In Programming Mode
If you have Bluetooth headphones, check if they have programming mode which can be accidentally turned on. But, you don’t need to worry as you can try just a simple fix that can resolve this issue.
You just need to plug in your headphones again with your computer and try to repair it.
9. Try to hard reset your Bluetooth headphones
Hard reset can resolve many problems in electrical devices. If your headphones are not charging well or they are unable to provide you with enough sound, you can try hard resetting them.
It will restore the factory default settings and make your headphones work properly.
10. Update Headphones Firmware
Check for any software updates. If your software is outdated, you need to update the software and check again your headphones. Sometimes, only obsolete software creates all the problems.
How to Fix Bluetooth Headphones Charging Issues According to Brand
Different brands work differently and there are many solutions that may hinder the smooth working of the headphones not a single solution is made to solve problems in various devices which have different working algorithms and need specific fixes.
i) How to fix Bose headphone charging issues
If you own Bise Bluetooth headphones and you are facing charging issues, you need to follow a simple reset method that can solve your issue.
- First of all, unplug your headphones from charging
- Press the power button for a few seconds until the headphones are powered off.
- Now, you need to plug back your headphones and wait for a few seconds.
- Remove your charging cable and turn your headphones on again.
- Charge again and check if the issue is resolved.
- You need to charge for at least 2 hours to check properly.
If you are still unable to charge back your headphones, you might need to update your Bose headphones.
- Download Bose software updater on your PC to update your Bose headphones.
- You need to plug your headphones into your computer where you can follow the steps which appear on your screen and updates your headphones.
ii) How to fix Logitech headphone charging issues
Logitech wireless headphones may face issues that are only due to the USB connector. The connector may become weak due to multiple times plugin them in and out which may weaken or lose the contact area of the connector that charges the battery.
When you connect the charging cable to the micro USB port on the headphone and remove it when it is finished, you face this issue due to the daily usage of headphones.
When you charge your headphones multiple times, it causes a slight defect in USB 5-pins that are fused to the headphone electric board. This is a complex fix to do at home because you need to dismantle the speaker which has hooded the micro USB charging port.
You may need to contact someone who is professional and can fix it.
iii) How to fix Beats headphone charging issues
Beats headphones are very popular in storing energy in their lithium-ion batteries. They can store a larger amount of energy in a single charge even if they are small.
But, they lose their efficiency with the passage of time and the amount of energy stored in the battery can be decreased with the increased no of charges.
To fix the charging issue, you need to reset them by following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, hold the power button for about 10 seconds.to reset headphones.
- When you release the power button, LEDs will blink.
- LEDs will blink white followed by red light.
- The reset process will be completed when the light stops blinking.
- Now, you don’t need to do anything as they will be automatically turned on after a reset.
iv) How to fix Apple Airpod charging problems
When someone loses its AirPods case and tries to charge them with other charging cases which are not originally manufactured by Apple, there arise some problems like AirPods don’t charge properly or they may face sound quality issues.
When people use chargers other than those Manufactured by Apple causes serious defects like Not charging issues in AirPods.
Check Out the following Points to fix issues with charging
a) Check power outlet
Sometimes, the issue is not always with your AirPods. You may need to check your power outlet which is sparked out try some other socket.
b) Check the connection
Must ensure that you are using the original Apple charging cable with your AirPods.
c) Clean AirPods
Sometimes, there is dust in the AirPods case which is preventing them from charging.
- First of all, you need to pull out your AirPods from the charging case and clean them with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- Then, you need to clean the AirPods’case place where the earphones sit.
d) Test the wireless charging pad
- If you are using a wireless charging pad to charge your AirPods, you need to move around to get it charged properly.
- If you are AirPods charging with the charging case but they don’t charge with a wireless charging pad, there might be an issue with the wireless charging pad.
e) Try to Pair charging case to phone
If you want to know the charging status and check whether it is charging or not, you need to connect your AirPods to the device and check the battery status on the screen.
Now, you need to connect the charging case with AirPods to the power outlet and check again the battery status by connecting AirPods with your device. If you see a difference, it means that your AirPods are actually charging.
|Recommendation: How to Clean Headphone Pads|
v) How to fix Sony headphone charging issues
You need to troubleshoot your sony headphones in order to fix the charging issue in your headphones.
But before that, you must try the following two options.
- Pull out the battery and plug it back again.
- You must purchase a new battery if step 1 does not work.
Now, you need to follow the steps mentioned below to reset.
- First of all, remove the pad from the right side and remove the cover from it.
- Now, you can remove the screws from the headphones.
- Remove the back cover from your headphones.
- Remove the battery from the case.
- Try to replace the new battery and insert it in.
- Now seal every component as it is.
vi) How to fix Sennheiser headphone charging issues
You need to wait for enough time to get your headphones into sync mode. If you have purchased new Sennheiser headphones, the charging light may show irregularly. But, it is quite normal for new headphones and you don’t need to worry.
Sometimes, the headphones’ LED indicator light and circuit board may get out of sync, so light may appear as irregular or as expected.
This is due to the following reasons:
- When Sennheiser headphones are disconnected from the power source for a long time or
- When there is a power surge or
- When the batteries have been changed recently which caused the issue.
Simply recharge your headphones normally and the Electronics in the circuit board will get into sync.
Why your headphones won’t turn on after charging
If your issue is not yet resolved, you need to check for other components and follow some other steps to clean your headphones fully.
- Clean Your Charging Cable and Contact Points
You must clean your charging cable with a cotton swab and absorbing alcohol. You must also check the contact points and every nook and corner of the headphones’ different points. It will try to remove the dust and fix the connection which was not happening previously.
- Push the USB firmly into the charging plug
You just need to plug your USB charging cable into the socket gently. You don’t need to push your cable hard. It will cause breakage at different points of the cable internally.
- Try Another Cable
If your headphones are not charging, you may need to change your charging cable or you may need to try another power socket to clean these minor issues.
- Clean power button on your headphones
You need to clean your power button as there may be some dust particles stuck behind the power button and cause improper functioning of the power button.
How to Take Care of Bluetooth Headphones’ Batteries
Usually, batteries have a life span of 2-4 years which also depends on the health of the battery and its usage. If you take proper care of batteries and adopt the steps mentioned below, you can increase battery timing and also improves their health.
a) Keep Wireless Earbuds in Charging Case
If you are not using your earbuds, you must adopt the practice to keep them in their charging case. It improves the battery health of the earbuds. It also avoids any unnecessary battery drain.
When you keep your earbuds in their case, there are fewer or no chances of their theft. The charging case also keeps your earbuds from any dust or debris.
|Read more: Why Are My Headphones So Quiet|
b) Avoid overcharging
When you purchase new headphones, you must make sure that you note their battery timings. Usually, the batteries are charged in 2-3 hours.
But, you shouldn’t always charge your headphones fully as they may destroy their health. You just need to keep your headphones or earbuds charged between 20% to 80%. Because anything above or below may harm your battery.
c) Charge your Bluetooth headphones in ideal temperatures
Extreme temperatures create hurdles in the proper working of electrical devices especially the devices which have batteries in them that are not made specifically for extreme temperatures.
The temperature acceptable for the batteries is anywhere between 5 °C – 35 °C.
d) Be gentle on the USB charging cables
When you remove your USB charging cable, you just pull it hard and you may cause some breakage in the charging cable.
TIP: When you remove your charging cable, just grab it from the plug and remove it gently, and do not catch the wire to remove the USB charging cable. It will increase the time period of the charging cable and keep it safe from any breakage.
How to fix Bluetooth headphone charging issues?
- You must charge them at an optimal temperature as extreme temperatures may harm your battery.
- You must check your charging cable and charging port which is delicate points if they are defective, they may cause improper functioning of headphones.
- You must update your headphones’ firmware.
- You must keep your earbuds in their charging case to make them protective and it improves battery health.
- You must try a hard factory reset
If your headphones are causing charging problems, you must try out the above factors which may stop you from purchasing new headphones and makes your headphones charge properly.
I hope you would have got your query answered in detail. If you have any issues, don’t try to comment below.
People Also Ask
About This Article
Hi, This is Azam and founder of Headphonebeast.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.
Email: [email protected]