How To Use Apple Headphones As A Mic On Ps4?
If you are wondering whether your Apple headphones are compatible as a mic on PS4? Apple headphones work with your Android and computer devices but sometimes, they are not fully compatible. As PS4 is exclusively offered by Sony which uses OMTP standard connectors. and Apple devices use CTIA standard headphone jack connectors. They work pretty well in the case of audio but as a microphone, you might face some compatibility issues.
If you love gaming and you have PS4 and Apple Headphones, We are going to explain in this article about acquiring the compatibility and linking these devices.
Do Apple Headphones Work On PS4[Solution]
As PS4 does not support Apple headphones, there are third-party Bluetooth adapters that will link both devices and will solve the compatibility problem. If you want to enjoy a gaming experience with PS4 using Apple headphones, it’s better to use Bluetooth adapters available on market.
How to use Bluetooth Adapters to connect your Apple AirPods to PS4?
- First of all, turn on your PS4.
- Take the Bluetooth adapter and plug it into the USB port of the PS4.
- Now, you need to turn on the pairing mode of your Bluetooth adapter. Make sure that you get your Bluetooth into pairing mode according to the type of connector. You can also read the manual to get the full instructions.
- Now, it’s time to bring your Apple AirPods into pairing mode. You can turn it on by pressing the button on the back of the AirPods case. Just hold the button until they get into pairing mode. A status light will flash.
- Once, Apple AirPods and PS4 are connected to each other, the status light on AirPods will stop flashing.
- You can also verify from your PS4 that it is connected with Apple AirPods.
- Now, you can enjoy your games on PS4 using Apple headphones.
How To Use Apple Headphones on PS4
- First of all, connect your headphones with PS4 to enable PS4 to detect the Apple headphones.
- Plug in the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port of the console.
- Turn on the headphones. It might take a few seconds. You need to press and hold the power button to turn on the headphones.
- They will automatically get into pairing mode
- Now, you have to go to the PS4 menu settings.
- Select Devices there and press X on the controller.
- Press on Bluetooth Devices there.
- You will see your Bluetooth headphones as the selected device.
How to display PS4 Volume to your Wired Headphones
If you are hearing any voice from your headphones when you have connected them with PS4, you need to adjust. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, go to settings on your device.
- Now go to Devices and then Audio Device.
- Make sure that your headphones are plugged into the PS4 controller.
- Select the output device from there.
- Then, the headset is connected to the Controller
- Adjust Microphones settings in Audio Device.
- Adjust the Microphones level from there.
- Now, you have to declare all audio output to your headphones. First, go to Audio Device.
- Click on Output to headphones.
|Reading Recommendation: How to Use Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC|
Can You Use AirPods to Chat with Other Gamers on PS4?
If you want to talk to your companions within your game, it won’t be possible for you to receive the audio and send your voice when you have connected your PS4 with Apple headphones. Because Bluetooth adapters don’t support any audio submission from your end despite the presence of headphones’ mic but they do help you to receive the voice.
How To Connect Your Headphone To PS4 Through Mobile Phone?
- PS4 Play App is very important in order to connect your headphones to PS4 using mobile. You can access any of your devices through mobile using wi-fi.
- Your phone will be showing a screen where you will see controls. You can also join chats with different players by using the phone’s mic.
- First of all, download and install the PS4 Play app on your mobile.
- Now, you have to activate remote play features on PS4 from the settings.
- Select Remote Play Connection Settings.
- Select Add Device option from there.
- Open the PS4 Remote Play app and enter the 8-digit code appearing on your mobile.
- Now, you are ready to connect your Bluetooth to PS4.
|Recommended: How To Use Headphone Mic On Phone|
How to efficiently use Apple headphones with a PS4
You must take care of the attachments of your Apple headphones. Even though, they are more comfortable and provide superior quality. But, you must take care of the delicate parts like the connection cables, and jack of the headphones. Keep them away from any strain which may pull the cable and break it.
PS4 Remote Play app is an efficient option, it can connect to your PS4 using mobile and you can also access the phone’s microphone to chat with your colleagues.
Don’t ever try to use any cheaper products like a Bluetooth adapter with your original PS4 or Apple Headphones. Most of the time, they give huge damages.
If you have any connection issues with your AirPods or PS4 and you have again checked and ensured that all the things under your observation are fine. You must contact professional support from Sony or Apple despite applying the wrong techniques and resulting in the device being useless.
Apple headphones are the best option to pair with the PS4 console which improves your gaming experience with their premium branded quality and wonderful features. But, you might need to implement a few things to use Apple Headphones as a mic on a PS4. You may need Bluetooth adapters to make them compatible with each other. You may use PS4 Remote Play App which can also give you the microphone utility to chat during gaming.
I hope that you had enjoyed our article. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to comment below.
People Also Ask
About This Article
Hi, This is Azam and founder of Headphonebeast.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.
Email: [email protected]