Do Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Have Headphone Jack
Did you know, the original Xbox had a headset that you plugin into your controller port and Playstation 2 had a headset that your plugin into your USB port? But, both of these were for voice chat, which validates their being wired controllers.
You won’t find a headphone jack with Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
But, finally, PDP has introduced their Faceoff Deluxe Controllers to include a headphone jack that is officially licensed by Nintendo. So, a headphone jack in the controller was introduced to keep the players wireless at all times. But, this also works well for wired controllers.
So, before you make the decision to purchase a Nintendo Switch Pro controller, you should know the features included in it and what are the things not included in the device.
If you are not familiar with the audio issues that happen on the switch during an in-game chat, we have to rely on any app which is on our mobile and plug it in that way. But, then you don’t get the game audio which was really a hectic thing. So, you had to use a splitter if you want both in the headset.
What functionalities and extra features do this Switch Pro Controller has:
- Switch Pro Controller has more fusion than the standard Pro Controller.
- You are getting a headphone jack with PDP Gaming Faceoff Deluxe Wireless Switch Pro Controller and this Headphone jack comes with Stereo output and mic support
- If you are a motion controller user, you don’t have to worry as this controller has motion control support. You can enhance your play for motion sensing games like Mario Kart 8, Mario Party, Arms, Splatoon 2
- Back button programmability
- Mic mute function
- You can also customize your controller. You can pop the gel out and change it to either white or black, or you can also change the joystick and set another one.
The PDP Faceoff Deluxe+ Switch Controller is the ONLY Nintendo Switch Controller with a Headphone Jack.Update
PDP Gaming Faceoff Deluxe Wireless Nintendo Switch controller is extremely comfortable, its design is very similar in the layout to the Xbox controller, and has a nice low weight.
It has Program buttons & triggers to improve your game and customize the controller to how you play. Durable build with replacement parts for kids and travel.
Can You Use A Wired Headphone On Switch Pro’s Controller?
Switch Pro Controllers don’t have a headphone jack as we have already explained this is officially provided by Ninteno’sThir-Party ControllersPDP. So, despite being so expensive, it could be sad news for everyone.
But, this supportability wasn’t essential as it was believed to keep the device handheld and luckily you can play either Handheld or Docked games.
How to Use Your AirPods (or Bluetooth Headphones) with Your Nintendo Switch?
You get native Bluetooth headphone support with a Nintendo switch. It just requires a couple of things to set it up completely.
- Go to settings in your Nintendo Switch.
- Go to System and then System Update. Here you will find ‘Update’ if you haven’t already updated the device.
- Now, your Nintendo Switch will get restarted.
- Go to Settings again in your Nintendo Switch and you will find a new section as ‘Bluetooth Audio.’
- It will ask you to pair your device ‘AirPods’ or ‘AirPods Pro’ with your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, Take your AirPods and open up the lid and press the button for a couple of seconds to start pairing your AirPods with your Nintendo Switch. Make sure that you have hit the ‘pairing’ button on your Nintendo Switch.
- After a few seconds, your device will be paired with each other. You will see your AirPods name on the volume bar on Nintendo Switch.
- Put both of your AirPods on your ears and you will experience that sound will be shifted from your device to your AirPods.
- You can register up to 10 Bluetooth audio devices with your Nintendo Switch.
|Reading Recommendation: How To Use Headset Mic On PC With One Jack|
How to use USB Headset on Nintendo Switch
For Dock Version:
- First of all, take your USB(wireless dongle) which is with your headset, and plug it into the side of your Dock.
- Now, put your Nintendo Switch on the Dock.
- Connect your wired headset or connect your wireless USB headset.
- Turn on your Headset and you might be able to listen to Game Sound.
- If you are having any trouble with your Mic not working, you should first restart the device.
For Handheld Version:
- First of all, you have to arrange an adapter which is a USB-C type adapter.
- Plug it right at the bottom of your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, you can connect your wireless dongle to your adapter.
- Make sure that you have turned on your headset.
- You can also connect your 3.55 mm headphone jack headset to Nintendo Switch and talk through your Mobile phone.
|Complete Guide: How To Use Apple Headphones As A Mic On Ps4|
How to use Wireless Headphones with Nintendo Switch Pro Controller?
If you don’t have a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller which has a headphone jack, you don’t need to worry as we have found a good solution that can help you connect your wireless Bluetooth headphones with your Nintendo Switch.
- First of all, you need a separate USB-C adapter that you will plug into your Nintendo Switch. Always Use the Best USB-C adapter
- Make sure that you don’t buy non-supportive and cheap adapters as they may harm your device or at least they won’t work with your Nintendo Switch.
- Connect the adapter to the USB-C port of your Nintendo Switch, you can find it on the above of your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, turn on your pairing mode from the adapter which you can do by pushing and holding down the pairing button for a few seconds and it will turn on the pairing mode.
- Now, you can use your headphones with Nintendo Switch and enjoy limitless gaming with sound.
Best Wireless Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Alternatives
1. HORI Nintendo Switch Wireless HORIPAD (Sonic) Pro Controller
- It is a Bluetooth Wireless controller with a 32-foot range
- It has a Rechargeable battery with up to 15 hours of playtime per charge
- It is Lightweight and ergonomic
- It has Accelerometer and gyroscope for full motion control
- It is also Officially Licensed by Nintendo and Sega
HORI Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
HORI Nintendo Switch Wireless HORIPAD (Sonic) Pro Controller
Color: White & Blue
Lightweight & ergonomic
2. PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
- It is a Wireless freedom using Bluetooth 5.0
- It has Features of motion controls and mappable advanced gaming buttons
- It is Ergonomic in design with a standard button layout
- It has LEDs for player number, button mapping, and low battery warning
- It owns an Internal rechargeable battery for up to 30 hours of gameplay
PowerA Controller for Nintendo Switch
PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch
Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
3. 8Bitdo SN30 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Controller
- Wide Compatibility】 Ultra-compatible with Switch, Windows, macOS, & Android, Steam, NES & SNES Classic.
- 【Dual Mode Support】It adopts a 2.4G wireless, and the USB-C cable is connected in 2 ways. And the built-in lithium-ion battery has 18 play hours with 1-2hours of charging time.
- 【Retro Design】Classic cross button and four shoulder-button design. For the player to create the classic retro design full-key gamepad, support for vibration, custom keys, and other functions.
- 【realistic game enjoyment】Rumble vibration, Motion controls, Support for both key control and touch screen games, built-in gyroscope, and 6-axis somatosensory, bring more realistic game enjoyment.
8Bitdo Bluetooth Controller
How to Fix Sound of your Nintendo Switch
You may experience a lag or almost no sound on your headphones from your Nintendo Switch which may need some troubleshooting and after that, it will be fixed automatically.
- Make sure that you have updated your Nintendo Switch because we have seen that many errors are due to the device not being updated. So, update it first.
- It would help if you disconnected all the devices which are connected to your Nintendo Switch.
- Now, go to ‘System’ from the settings of your device.
- Under Console Sound, if ‘Mute when Headphones are Disconnected’ is turned on, your device speakers will not work until you connect your headset back to the device.
- Now, reboot the device which you can do by pressing the power button for almost a few seconds and waiting for a few seconds which will reboot the device.
- Now, turn on your device and volume up, and you will be able to listen to your device’s sound.
- The setup is completed.
People Also Ask
Does the switch Pro Controller have a mic?
You can plug it into your Nintendo Switch or either you have to use a Bluetooth headset which you can also use for voice chat.
How do you use a microphone as a Switch?
First of all, connect your Bluetooth headset to the audio jack of your Nintendo Switch’s USB port. Now, you can connect your headset to your device from where you will use the Nintendo Switch app. But, you can also use your mobile phone mic.
Can you put Netflix on Nintendo Switch?
You can avail of Netflix on your Nintendo Switch by Jailbreaking method as this service is not available on Nintendo’s e-shop.
Are Nintendo Switch controllers Bluetooth?
If you have a wireless controller, Nintendo Switch will connect with the controller and other devices via Bluetooth.
Why won’t my headphones connect to my Switch?
You probably have not updated the device yet, which has not shown its latest feature, Bluetooth connectivity.
- First of all, update your device which you do by going into your System section.
- Restart your console by holding down the Power button for almost 3 seconds.
- Now, turn off your Bluetooth device and Reboot it again after a few seconds.
- Make sure that you have charged your device before setting them.
What size is the headphone jack on a Nintendo Switch?
Nintendo Switch – OLED Model
- 4 inches high
- 9.5 inches long,
- 0.55 inches deep (with Joy-Con attached.
About This Article
Hi, This is Azam and founder of Headphonebeast.com. I have a special interest in Audio products and I have used multiple Audio and sound-related products with almost every version of the headphones and Airpods. Now, I write detailed information on every issue and every feature of headphones, AirPods, or earbuds and also review them according to my personal utility experience.
Email: [email protected]